Representation of Healthcare Entities
Defending the Rights and Interests of Health Care Providers
The work performed by dedicated professionals in our Texas and New Mexico health care facilities involves tremendous responsibility and risk.
The El Paso, Texas, lawyers of Windle Hood Alley Norton Brittain & Jay, LLP are dedicated to representing health care organizations, facilities and professionals facing allegations of medical negligence, medical malpractice and professional misconduct. Our clients extend across nearly every component of the health care system, such as:
- General acute care hospitals as well as specialty, rehabilitation and psychiatric hospitals
- Specialty medical facilities, including imaging centers
- All types of physician specialties
- Nurses, physical therapists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants
Attorney Gary A. Norton has served as lead counsel in well over 100 defense cases involving hospital liability issues and medical malpractice suits. In defending our clients, he applies extensive knowledge of applicable standards of care and legislation including:
- The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- The Health Care Quality Improvement Act
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
Fair Hearing Experience and Preventive Legal Counsel
As in our other areas of practice, our law firm strives to be a strong resource for our health care industry clients. We will consult with you on medical staff credentialing and imposition of corrective action. Both Mr. Norton and attorney Joseph L. Hood have participated – as legal representatives and hearing officers – in the fair hearing process. Our work also includes counsel intended to help our clients avoid this process.
Our strengths in commercial litigation and arbitration and employment law are important assets for our health care industry clients. We have experience in handling:
- Actions involving breach or enforcement of physician recruitment agreements
- False Claims Act and qui tam cases, as well as regulatory investigations
- Unfair competition cases based on alleged violations of the Medicare and Stark laws, as well as state and federal antitrust laws. Among our valued, long-standing clients is HCA, the largest U.S. provider of hospital-based health care services.
We do not represent plaintiffs in lawsuits against doctors or health care entities in medical malpractice or medical negligence actions. Our law firm is focused on defense of the rights and interests of health care providers. We encourage you to contact us if you are interested in leveraging our legal experience in this area.