Commercial Litigation & Arbitration
El Paso, Texas, Commercial Litigation Attorneys
We represent a wide range of businesses and corporations in commercial litigation and arbitration. Many of our clients have relied on us for well-prepared, aggressive legal defense and advice for decades. Our experience includes:
- Representing property owners in disputes over the allocation of sparse groundwater rights in far West Texas
- Defending estate planners, trustees, executors and other fiduciaries in suits brought by will and trust beneficiaries
- Representing competing shareholders and business owners in cases involving claims of shareholder oppression and breach of fiduciary duty
- Defending businesses in class actions brought by consumers alleging false advertising and other deceptive business practices
- Defending insurance companies, adjusting firms and insurance brokers against “bad faith” and other extra-contractual liability claims
- Defending broker-dealers, investment advisors and other professionals in both lawsuits and arbitrations filed by disappointed investors
- Defending qui tam cases brought against institutional and individual healthcare providers
- Representing both business and executive-level and professional employees in cases involving non-competition agreements
- Representing developers and contractors in commercial and residential construction claims
- Defending real estate agents and brokers against claims of misrepresentation, fraud and breach of contract
Across our practice areas, we do primarily defense work for business entities and licensed professionals. However, in commercial litigation matters, our client may also be the plaintiff in a dispute between two businesses.
We are confident, skilled case evaluators and effective trial lawyers. For your business, this means we can assess the best approach to your legal problem, develop effective strategies and be fully prepared to try your case in state or federal court. If an appeal becomes necessary, we also have the experience to file your appeal or defend your favorable verdict on appeal.
Arbitration Experience in All Major Forums
Among our valued, long-standing clients is Merrill Lynch, one of the world’s leading and best-known wealth management companies.
Our attorneys, led in this area by Joseph L. Hood, have more than 20 years of experience in representing major brokerage firms in disputes with investors. We have arbitrated such cases before all of the major SRO’s, including the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), as well as the American Arbitration Association (AAA).We welcome inquiries from corporate counsel, other company representatives and other attorneys nationwide with legal concerns in Texas or New Mexico. Please contact us to discuss your current situation or ongoing legal needs.